|
Action Planning
|
||||
|
Goal:
How can a cohesive
and spirited team be built? Morale is low and needs to be uplifted.
|
||||
|
Action Steps(s):
|
Person(s) Responsible:
|
Timeline: Start/End
|
Needed Resources
|
Evaluation
|
|
1. Obtain the
principal’s permission to conduct the action research.
|
Jennifer Clement
and principal
|
August 1 to August 7,
2012
|
Action research plan
|
N/A
|
|
2. Develop
questionnaire with assistance from administrators and 2 other teachers.
|
Jennifer Clement,
principal, and 2 other teachers.
|
August 8 to August 17,
2012
|
List of possible
questions for questionnaire
|
N/A
|
|
3. Distribute (email) questionnaire
to selected group.
|
Jennifer Clement
|
August 20, 2012
|
Developed questionnaire,
computer, and email addresses of selected members
|
N/A
|
|
4. Research previously
conducted researches.
|
Jennifer Clement
|
August 8 to August 31,
2012
|
Computer with Internet
access
|
Share findings with
mentor
|
|
5. Collect completed
questionnaires and send a follow-up email requesting for questionnaires that
have not been returned.
|
Jennifer Clement
|
August 27 to September
7, 2012
|
Computer and email
addresses of all selected members
|
Since it is anonymous,
I will send email to everyone again. I will ask for only those who have not
returned a form to do so.
|
|
6. Analyze the
responses.
|
Jennifer Clement
|
August 27 to September
28, 2012
|
Computer and Excel
spreadsheet to input data
|
Make a spreadsheet
with the answers. There will be a space for those that do not reoccur.
Determine the problems that seem to be repeated.
|
|
7. Interview any
teachers that gave their names to gain more information.
|
Jennifer Clement and
teachers
|
September 10, 2012 to
September 17, 2012
|
Completed
questionnaires.
|
Have their questionnaire
and ask for more information on each identified problem.
|
|
8. Analyze data from
interviews and compare and add to previous data collected.
|
Jennifer Clement and
mentor
|
September 10 to
September 28, 2012
|
Data from completed
questionnaires, computer and Excel spreadsheet to input data
|
Add comments to the
data sheet with the information gained from the teachers.
|
|
9. Compare results of
research with results from a similar district.
|
Jennifer
Clement
|
October 1 to October 26,
2012
|
Data from
questionnaire I developed and results from previously conducted researches.
|
Develop another data
sheet for information gained from researching past research.
|
|
10. Develop solutions
to problems shown by the data collected.
|
Jennifer Clement and
mentor
|
November 1 to November
30, 2012
|
Results of data evaluated.
|
Data from other
researches and current research.
|
|
11. Present findings
and possible solutions to administrators.
|
Jennifer Clement,
mentor and administrators
|
December 3 to December
14, 2012
|
Data evaluation (Excel
spreadsheet) and list of possible solutions
|
Feedback and input from
the administrators.
|
|
12. Assist in
implementing solutions to targeted areas of need to increase morale.
|
Jennifer Clement,
administrators, and campus employees
|
January 7 to April 30, 2013
|
List of possible solutions
|
Feedback from the
employees about the plans.
|
|
13. Send the questionnaire
out to random set of campus employees.
|
Jennifer Clement,
campus employees and administrators
|
May 6, 2013
|
Computer with email
addresses of employees
|
N/A
|
|
14. Collect completed
responses and analyze the data.
|
Jennifer Clement,
employees, and mentor
|
May 13 to May 17, 2013
|
Questionnaires
|
N/A
|
|
15. Compare data from
this time and beginning of the year.
|
Jennifer Clement
|
May 13 to May 24, 2013
|
Computer with Excel.
Data from this time and from 1st survey.
|
By looking at the
answers from the new questionnaire and the previous one, make a determination
if morale and teamwork have improved.
|
|
16. Present the
findings and comparison to administration.
|
Jennifer Clement and
administration
|
May 27 to May 31, 2013
|
Data from both surveys
and comparison chart
|
Print out the
spreadsheet showing the problems and number of people that identified each problem.
|
Format based on Tool 7.1
from Examining What We Do to Improve Our
Schools
(Harris, Edmonson, and
Combs, 2010)
This is a very good way to identify the problem, reasons why it's happening, and what some solutions may be to the problem. You are basing the problem and solutions on data, which guarantees to be the best way to approach the situtation. One question...how will you identify the "selected" staff members for your survey. I could see certain selected members skewing your results. I bet the key would be in the questions you ask.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know how I was going to select them when I wrote that. I have decided to just draw names. This way, I will get a variety in the group. Before drawing, I will separate them into teachers, custodians, cafeteria workers, office staff, and other. I am moving to a different campus next year and unsure how many people work in each department. Once I know that, then I can decide how many I need from each group.
DeleteThe principal is aware that there are issues of campus climate that need to be resolved.