Sunday, April 22, 2012

I have been struggling some with action research. I think my brain is overloaded with the STAAR test approaching and the demands of getting certain things accomplished before school is out. When I watched the 3 videos of the school leaders, there was one point that I finally absorbed. Dr. Chargois stated to make sure you conduct research that is pracitcal for you and your campus. Figure out what you need to know in order to apply to student learning in your environment.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. After looking over the list of plans--I wondered if I was thinking too small. Until I watched the interviews and videos--I believe what I'm working on is relevant to my campus--the teachers, students and administration.

    I am a special education teacher and department chair and am anxious to see the results of your research. What area of the referral process are you researching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have changed my action research. I might be changing to a different campus next year so I changed to a research plan that would work on either campus.

      Delete

jjjjj