Sunday, April 29, 2012


Action Planning
Goal: How can a cohesive and spirited team be built? Morale is low and needs to be uplifted.
Action Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
1. Obtain the principal’s permission to conduct the action research.

Jennifer Clement
and principal
August 1 to August 7, 2012
Action research plan

N/A
2. Develop questionnaire with assistance from administrators and 2 other teachers. 

Jennifer Clement, principal, and 2 other teachers.

August 8 to August 17, 2012
List of possible questions for questionnaire

N/A
3. Distribute (email) questionnaire to selected group.
Jennifer Clement
August 20, 2012
Developed questionnaire, computer, and email addresses of selected members
N/A
4. Research previously conducted researches.
Jennifer Clement
August 8 to August 31, 2012
Computer with Internet access
Share findings with mentor
5. Collect completed questionnaires and send a follow-up email requesting for questionnaires that have not been returned.

Jennifer Clement
August 27 to September 7, 2012
Computer and email addresses of all selected members
N/A

6. Analyze the responses.
Jennifer Clement
August 27 to September 28, 2012
Computer and Excel spreadsheet to input data
Myself & mentor
7. Interview any teachers that gave their names to gain more information.
Jennifer Clement and teachers
September 10, 2012 to September 17, 2012
Completed questionnaires.
N/A
                       
8. Analyze data from interviews and compare and add to previous data collected.
Jennifer Clement and mentor
September 10 to September 28, 2012
Data from completed questionnaires, computer and Excel spreadsheet to input data
Myself & mentor
9. Compare results of research with results from a similar district.
Jennifer Clement
October 1 to October 26, 2012
Data from questionnaire I developed and results from previously conducted researches.
Myself & mentor
10. Develop solutions to problems shown by the data collected.
Jennifer Clement and mentor
November 1 to November 30, 2012
Results of data evaluated.
Myself and mentor
11. Present findings and possible solutions to administrators
Jennifer Clement, mentor and administrators
December 3 to December 14, 2012
Data evaluation (Excel spreadsheet) and list of possible solutions
Myself, mentor and administration
12. Assist in implementing solutions to targeted areas of need to increase morale.
Jennifer Clement, administrators, and campus employees
January 7  to April 30, 2013
List of  possible solutions
Myself, mentor and administration
13. Email the questionnaire out to random set of campus employees.
Jennifer Clement, campus employees and administrators
May 6, 2013
Computer with email addresses of employees
N/A
14. Collect completed responses and analyze the data.
Jennifer Clement, employees, and mentor
 May 13 to May 17, 2013
Completed questionnaires
N/A
15. Compare data from this time and beginning of the year.
Jennifer  Clement
May 13 to May 24, 2013
Computer with Excel. Data from this time and from 1st survey.
Myself and mentor
16. Present the findings and comparison to administration.
Jennifer Clement and administration
May 27 to May 31, 2013
Data from both surveys and comparison chart
Myself and administration



Format based on Tool 7.1 from Examining What We Do to Improve Our Schools

(Harris, Edmonson, and Combs, 2010)

5 comments:

  1. Morale--what an issue it is--at least I've noticed this on my middle school campus. What I hate the most is the defeated looks on the faces of our new teachers that started the year with such excitement. I hope your plan works--if you have good results I may have to borrow it and try it on my campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a plan to implement or are you coming up with one based on the questionaire answers? Are you picking the faculty that will participate randomly or do you have criteria?
    I look forward to your list of possible solutions. Morale is always an important aspect of school culture that has to be monitored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am randomly selecting staff by drawing their name out of a hat. That way, I do not put any personal feelings for anyone into the selection process.
      I will develop a plan/solutions from the answers received on the questionnaire.

      Delete
  3. Jennifer,
    Your plan is very complete timeline and it should provide a clear path for collecting data. I'm thinking that although solutions may not all be implemented during the study, it might be helpful to track at least one. Then perhaps you may see greater changes in the data. Just a thought.
    Dr. Mason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you are correct. I will focus on at least one problem/solution.

      Delete

jjjjj