I realized I am far
behind on the technology available for classrooms. I learned more about
flipping classrooms, a variety of Web 2.0 tools, Google docs, and Google drive.
I found a large variety of resources to use in my classroom and as an
administrator. All of the newly acquired information is a little overwhelming
right now. I plan on implementing at least one of the new things that I learned
by the end of school.
I have over half of my hours completed
but I’m behind on documenting. I will need to use Spring Break to catch up on
my documentation. I realize that I have too much going on with my current job assignment,
keeping up with my family and all of their activities, my college work, and my internship
activities. I love every minute of it but struggling to keep up at times.
Action Research:
I want to learn what the students know about choosing classes that
interest them or are on their career path. I would like a list of the CTE
choices available for all teachers, counselors, administrators, and students
along with their parents. The survey will be designed so I can determine our
strengths and weaknesses of the current system. We can build on our strengths
and develop a plan to improve our weaknesses.
Participation rate for completing the surveys was at 95%.
I have sent out a
survey and determined 60% of the students are unaware of what CTE courses or
available ones to them. The other 40% are aware of some of the classes but did
not realize all of them. Normally, if they were Ag people then they were aware
of Ag CTE classes only. If they were computer people, then they were aware of
the computer CTE courses only. Our teachers are unaware of all the
possibilities that our students have. I am still working on compiling a list of
possible CTE classes that our students would like to have. I have not been able
to meet with the CTE coordinator since the surveys have been returned to finish
compiling all of the data.
No comments:
Post a Comment
jjjjj